Are you interested in becoming even more involved in the Zoo's conservation education initiatives? The Zoo's Teacher Advisory Council (TAC) may be the opportunity for you. TAC is composed of certified teachers and educators who are able to commit to a two-year term to advise us on our educational programs, discuss the changing needs of today's teachers, and serve as Bronx Zoo ambassadors in their schools, district and community. TAC members are selected from teachers across a variety of content areas and grade levels throughout the tri-state area.
Teacher Advisory Council Members will:
- Meet at the Zoo four to five Saturdays per year (lunch is provided) with an opportunity to continue after a year.
- Serve in an advisory role to assist with the development of new 21st century educational programs.
- Serve as a Zoo ambassador in their school, district and community—disseminate Zoo information to colleagues, and share teacher feedback with the Zoo.
- Receive regular updates on Zoo events and opportunities via e-mail and education newsletters.
- Have the exclusive opportunity to work with Zoo educators and be an integral part of Bronx Zoo conservation education programming.