WCS may collect anonymous information about users who visit our Site and aggregate this anonymous information for statistical analysis. For instance, we may use it to determine usage patterns so we know which parts of our Site are most popular. Examples of the type of anonymous information we collect and how we collect it are:
Internet Tags: provide information about your browser (e.g., Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator), operating system (e.g., Windows, Macintosh), Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, Prodigy, Earthlink), and similar information.
IP Addresses: a number assigned to your computer by a Web server when you are on the Internet; we might use IP address information to determine the number of users who have visited a specific area of our Site. Please note we could use this information to identify you if necessary to comply with legal requirements or for security issues.
Personally Identifiable Information
What is Personally Identifiable Information? Personally Identifiable Information ("Your Information") includes information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, street address, credit card number and credit card expiration date.
How We Use Your Information. WCS will use Your Information for the purpose for which you give it to us (e.g., to complete an online purchase, donation, membership, subscription, or program registration). We may use Your Information to send you occasional postal and/or electronic mailings about WCS and its programs that we think interest you. WCS may also use Your Information to send you occasional postal and/or electronic mailings about third parties whose information or services we think may be of interest to you.
Your Ability to Choose. You may "opt out" of receiving marketing information that WCS sends to you by unsubscribing to the mailing list, following instructions in the applicable information sent to you, or by contacting WCS at: email@example.com.
How We Share Your Information. WCS may share Your Information with third parties that perform services for WCS, such as fulfilling magazine subscriptions, conducting membership mailings or providing postal and electronic mailing platforms and services. WCS also reserves the right to disclose Your Information in circumstances that WCS deems necessary or appropriate, such as to respond to legal process or request from a governmental agency, security reasons or similar situations.
Please note that if you become a Member through our Site, your Information may be shared with third parties (e.g., other nonprofit organizations, marketers) whose information or services we think may be of interest to you. These third parties may wish to communicate with you by regular mail or email or share your information with others. If you do not want the service provider to communicate with you or share your information, you will need to contact WCS at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WCS strives to keep Your Information secure and safeguard it from unauthorized access by using "Secure Socket Layer" encryption to protect credit card numbers, firewalls to protect our servers, and virus/intrusion detection software. However, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so you provide Your Information at your own risk.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our Site may include links to other Web sites that may be of interest to you. Any links are provided only as a convenience and do not imply any endorsement of another site. Be sure to read the privacy policies on other sites other Web sites.
WCS is committed to protecting the privacy of children. For that reason, we do not collect personal information at our website from those we actually know are under 13.
Transfer to the United States
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and that by providing Your Information, you consent to this transfer and storage of the data in the United States.
Review and Correction
If you would like to review or correct the information that you provided to WCS (or if you have comments or questions about our Site), you can contact us at:email@example.com.
Wildlife Conservation Society
(hereinafter "Wildlife Conservation Society" or "WCS") WEBSITE ("website" or "site")
- Copyright Notice - Copyright1998 - 2014; Wildlife Conservation Society. All rights reserved. Certain articles or materials contained on this web site are also separately copyrighted.
- Trademark Notice - Wildlife Conservation Society, Pablo Python, the WCS logo and associated trademarks are owned by the Wildlife Conservation Society. All rights reserved.
- Warranty and Liability Disclaimer - EXCEPT AS LIMITED BY LAW, WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS WEBSITE, OR ANY PORTION THEREOF, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK OR PATENT RIGHTS OF OTHERS, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OR SUITABILITY FOR ANY PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL WILDLIFE CONSERVATION SOCIETY BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE OR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ITS WEBSITE.
- Waiver of Responsibility for Defective or Contaminated Materials - The Wildlife Conservation Society disclaims responsibility for any errors or omissions, including technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Furthermore, WCS cannot and does not guarantee or warrant that files made available for downloading will be free of "viruses", "infections" or similar software contaminations which may render the software useless or cause damage or destruction to user's hardware, software or system(s). Users are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and protections against possible damage.Use of WCS' website and the Internet in general is at the user's own risk.
- User Rules - In order to maintain an efficient and effective site that addresses the needs and interests of its viewers, the following rules apply to the use of this site:
- users may not post or transmit any message that is libelous, defamatory or obscene, or violates any other person's copyrights, privacy rights, trademarks, trade secrets or rights in any confidential information. The user hereby indemnifies WCS for any and all damages suffered by third parties as a result of user's violation of this rule.
- users may not post or transmit any message, data, image or program with the intent to threaten the safety of others and/or with the effect of causing a reasonable person to perceive a threat to his or her safety.
- a user who posts information to this site represents that it is the sole owner of materials posted by it or that is has the right to license their use.
- users acknowledge and agree that WCS may take appropriate action in order to prevent the misuse of the site to disseminate information, statements or materials that may be abusive, destructive, harmful or threatening to the safety of others or in order to comply with any law or regulation of any government entity.
- users who post information, consent to data collection and/or submit represent that they are older than 18 years of age.
- users may not interfere with other users' use of the site, including, but not limited to, the disruption of the normal flow or use of the service.
- users may not post or transmit any contaminated or destructive files
- the use, distribution, or publication of any materials posted by third parties does not constitute or imply an endorsement of such materials or of any opinions or comments expressed in such materials.
- users hereby grant WCS a perpetual, worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, adapt, perform, translate, display and distribute User Provided Content and any derivative works created from such posting, in print, electronic and other media, by any means now known or developed in the future. WCS shall not be obligated to pay the posting party any royalties or other compensation for use of the posting. User grants WCS the right to use the name submitted in connection with such content. User represents and warrants that (a) they own and control all of the rights to the User Provided Content that is posted and that they have the right to post that content to WCS and (b) use or post of User Provided Ocntent does not violate the Site Terms and will not violate any rights to any person or entity. Notwithstanding anything contained in this subparagraph, WCS shall delete all identifying information relating to users in the subsequent use(s) of such postings.
- Use of Materials - Users may download, print or transmit information from the site subject to the following conditions:
- the appropriate copyright and/or trademark notice must be affixed to each copy downloaded, transmitted or printed;
- use of materials available from the site must be for personal or informational purposes only and in no instance may be used for commercial purposes;
- materials available from this site may not be modified in any manner;
- no materials available from this site (including links from pages on other websites) can be used, copied or distributed separate from the accompanying text.
- Choice of Law - These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.