Holiday Lights Sensory-Friendly Night
November 29, 2022
What to Expect on the sensory-friendly evening
The Holiday Lights experience on 11/29/22 is designed for guests that thrive in a sensory-supportive environment. During this special evening you can expect all the great Holiday Lights programming, with some modifications to make it more sensory inclusive.
Reserve member tickets
Sensory Friendly Holiday Lights includes:
- Reduced capacity to allow guests more space to spread out.
- Open arrival time, 5-7pm. Tickets are not time-specific, and guests have flexibility to enter any time from 5:00 to 7:00pm. Event ends at 8:00pm.
- Quieter music. The volume will be turned down on music playing throughout the park.
- Adjusted lighting effects - Most light displays will be static and reduced movement. Please note – animated light show will run on Astor Court. This 10 min program has a 20 min intermission between shows, which allows guests to move through the area if they do not want to watch this presentation.
- Quiet ice carving – artists will be using chisels and hand-carving instead of power tools.
- Illuminated performers on Astor Court - Instead of roaming the event, these costumed performers will be stationary in one area so guests can choose to approach and participate in the interaction.
- KultureCity Sensory Bag loan available on entry – Free loan with ID hold. Quantity is limited, and availability is on a first come first serve basis.
In addition to these modifications, we will have available the sensory sensitivities support services we offer on every night of Holiday Lights: KultureCity Sensory Bags (free loan with ID hold); and, indoor Quiet Area at Astor Court, for those who need a break from the stimulating event environment.
To help guests prepare for Holiday Lights, please review our Social Story.