Skip to main content
WCS Education Camp Principles of Excellence:
- Create a welcoming, fun and safe camp experience for all
- Foster curiosity, scientific inquiry, and critical thinking
- Instill an appreciation and connection to local and global wildlife and wild places
- Spend at least half of camp time outside the classroom
- Inspire all to take conservation action
Most camps are week-long, run Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.*, and include:
- Complimentary early drop off as early as 8:30 a.m.
- Daily explorations to see animals in the Bronx Zoo
- Trip on the Wild Asia Monorail (full day camp only)
- Daily encounters with some of our animal ambassadors
- Science and learning investigations inside the classroom and out and about in nature
- Fun games that foster a love of wildlife and science discoveries
- Nature inspired art projects
- Snacks served daily
- Special closing ceremony for caregivers on Fridays that will begin prior to 3:00 p.m.
*Extended Care is available at an additional cost for most weeks!
Highlights from Caregivers
95% of camp caregivers rated WCS Education camps as Superior or Excellent
"My camper enjoyed having the opportunity to be up close with all of the animals. He came home talking about it each day!"
"She especially loved the up-close encounters with the animals and feeling that she got to know several species well."
Check out our new mobile app!