Teacher Advisory Council
Are you interested in becoming even more involved in Zoo or Aquarium conservation education initiatives? One of our WCS Education Teacher Advisory Councils (TAC) may be the opportunity for you. TAC is composed of certified teachers and educators who are able to commit to a one-year term to advise us on our educational programs, discuss the changing needs of today's teachers, and serve as WCS ambassadors in their schools, districts, and communities. TAC members are selected from teachers across a variety of content areas and grade levels throughout the tri-state area.
Teacher Advisory Council Members will
- Meet virtually or at the Zoo or Aquarium four to five weekends per year.
- Serve in an advisory role to assist with the development of new 21st century educational programs.
- Serve as a WCS ambassador in their school, district, and community—disseminate Zoo/Aquarium information to colleagues, and share teacher feedback with WCS Education.
- Receive regular updates on Zoo/Aquarium events and opportunities via e-mail and education newsletters.
- Have the exclusive opportunity to work with Zoo/Aquarium educators and be an integral part of WCS Education conservation education programming.