NEW! VIRTUAL WILD ENCOUNTERS ARE HERE!
Reserve your exclusive at-home animal experience over ZOOm.
For in-person Wild Encounters, check our program calendar and availability. FIRST, get your Bronx Zoo timed ticket for park admission (ticket reservations required for one-day guests and for Members), THEN come back to this page to book your up-close animal experience on the date of your visit.
Please note: Masks are required to be worn during all in-person programs.
- PRIVATE encounters are for ONE group of a family/party. We can accommodate parties larger than 6 – call for arrangements and add-on pricing.
- TOURS available for private reservation only – contact us to schedule.
Review program policies before booking.
MEMBER DISCOUNT AVAILABLE
Use code MEMBERVIP at checkout for 10% off. Must present valid Membership card at program check-in.
Discount code must be entered at the time of checkout. Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion. Not applicable towards prior purchases.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED. All guests must wear their masks during the encounter program. While we provide seating with physical distancing, animals can be unpredictable and our keepers could be coming near guests at any time.
- THIS TICKET IS FOR THE PROGRAM ONLY AND DOES NOT SERVE AS ADMISSION INTO THE ZOO. Must have a timed ticket reservation for one-day ticket or Member ticket reservation in order to enter the Bronx Zoo. Timed ticket reservations must be done online in advance.
- CHECK-IN FOR ALL ON-SITE WILD ENCOUNTER PROGRAMS IS AT ZOO CENTER (10-15 prior to program start time). We recommend arriving to the zoo via Southern Boulevard Gate (the closest entrance to Zoo Center). Please be sure to plan enough time for travel, as programs will start on time and we are unable to accommodate or refund guests who arrive at check-in after program start time.
- RAIN OR SHINE! Programs run in all weather. We recommend comfortable clothing and shoes for walking. 5-10 min walk from Check-In to classroom location.
- PRIVATE SESSIONS FOR MORE THAN 6 ARE AVAILABLE: Private encounters can be adjusted to accommodate more than 6 guests in the same family/party. Call us for arrangements and add-on pricing.(firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 347-308-9021)
- ADULT SUPERVISION IS REQUIRED. For children under 14, no more than 4 children to 1 adult.
- CART TOURS DO INCLUDE PLENTY OF WALKING. Many exhibit areas and views are not reachable by vehicle. Carts provide the best travel between exhibits but there will be frequent stops and all programs require guests to walk short distances throughout the tour experience.
- CAMERAS: no tripods; handheld devices are welcome. Flashes are not permitted to be used in some exhibits. For CHEETAH CONNECTION, all camera shutter sounds must be silent and no long lenses.
- PERSONAL ITEMS: Only bring what you will carry, as we do not have space for storage and the cart will be left unattended at times when the tour is inside exhibit areas.
- STROLLERS are not able to be loaded onto the tour cart and there are stroller restrictions at some exhibits. If bringing a personal stroller, we can store that at the Check In area during your tour.
- CHANGE/CANCELLATION: On-site program reservations are non-refundable. Reservations may be changed up to 5 days before the program and will be subject to a $15 Administrative Change Fee. Less than 5 days, changes are not permitted. (Contact us at email@example.com, or call 347-308-9021)
- ACCESSIBILITY: Guests must contact us in advance if someone in your reservation needs assistance or accommodations for accessibility, so we can help provide appropriate support and the best Wild Encounter experience. This includes, but is not limited to, guests who may need/use wheelchair or mobility support, assistive listening support, or have sensory sensitivities. (firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 347-308-9021).