Apply now for an unforgettable experience.
Central Park Zoo Events and Catering
Central Park Zoo
CATERING & EVENTS
Schedule: Must be able to work 2-5 days per week including weekends and holidays. Schedule varies and is dependent on weather and guest attendance; schedule subject to change through the spring and summer.
Earn your stripes in catering! Do you like to set up and break down events? Would you serve our guests with exceptional service and make their special event a night to remember? If this sounds like you, you might be the right fit for our Events and Catering Team. Come launch your catering career here at WCS!
Apply now! We'll consider you for several openings:
Essential duties may include:
- Ensure high level of service is delivered with consistency throughout pre-planning, load-in to break down
- Receive products from purveyors and properly put away all goods while maintaining inventory “FIFO” and labeling procedures
- Maintaining all storage facilities and refrigeration logs
- Responsible for overseeing waste removal before, during and after each event
- Implement and follow sanitary and safety practices for handling of alcohol, general cleanliness and maintenance of equipment as required by NYDOH and WCS
- Responsible for transferring of alcohol and non-alcohol items to event location, as well as returning of said items post event
- Load supplies safely into appropriate vehicles and transporting to the location of the event(s)
- Check in all equipment as it is loaded and unloaded from company vehicle to ensure all required items are present on site
Essential duties may include:
- Work closely with various Central Park Zoo departments to insure event goes as planned
- Administer event logistics including; liquor permits, TPAs, event notices, timelines, and vendor schedules
- Monitor TPA requirements; Social Table diagrams, F-4 staffing requirements, check request, filing and pick-up of permits to include the ability to commute to the NYC Buildings Dept. to apply and pick-up TPA’s
- Oversee any special requirements for event installations / breakdown of lighting, sound systems, tents, tent sidewalls, fans, AC, generators, etc.
- Conduct site inspections with clients and vendors to include FDNY day of event permit sign-off
- Day of event successfully direct event set-up, communicate with staff, organizing vendors and problem-solve
- At the conclusion of the event, inspect all functional areas to ensure cleanliness and completion of tasks prior to vendors departing the venue
- Oversee the retrieval and proper storage of tables, chairs, rental equipment and other materials
- Maintain proper stock level of all catering supplies and equipment
- Ability to travel independently throughout the Long Island/NYC area
- Prior event experience preferred
- ServSafe, ATAP, F-4 and BOH certification preferred
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficiency in Microsoft office and Social Tables
- Must have full availability including day shift and night shift hours, weekends and holidays
- Must be reliable, neat, highly organized, and accurate
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure, follow instructions and meet strict deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and/or other team members with limited supervision
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver's license required. New York residents must possess a valid New York license. Valid out-of-state license required for out-of-state residents
While performing the duties of this job, this position routinely requires standing, walking, holding/carrying, reaching, twisting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, kneeling/squatting, sitting, climbing stairs/ladders. Employee must have the ability to lift and/or move at least fifty pounds on a consistent basis. Ability to work in hot and drastically cold environments. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
*May be required to work at other WCS facilities as necessary, including Bronx Zoo, Queens Zoo, Prospect Park Zoo and New York Aquarium