Know Before You Go
What to Expect When You Visit
All visitors must have a date-specific ticket. Every guest. Every day.Learn more
Parking can fill to capacity on peak attendance days.Learn more
All Visitors Must Have Date-specific Tickets. Every Guest. Every Day.
Admission tickets are still required for WCS Members as well as one-day ticket buyers. (ages 3 & up)
- RESERVE WCS Member tickets – Must have valid member card for reservation. Members must present tickets, valid member card and photo ID for park entry. Reserve member tickets.
- BUY one-day tickets – Purchase entry tickets.
- Wednesday Tickets: Tickets for Wednesday will be available beginning the prior Monday at 5pm. Tickets will be available until Wednesday at 2pm or until the full day capacity is reached. Reserve Wednesday tickets.
- Already have a gift certificate or ticket voucher? Use our online web form for assistance from the Reservation Center. You must have your ticket order number, and the name, email and phone number associated with that order.
- Media Visits: No press cards or credentials will be accepted at the gate for admission. All members of the media visiting for the purposes of coverage must have an appointment with the Communications Department.
- Important Note on Date Selection for Tickets: If the date or time you wish to visit is not listed in our calendar, please select another date. Dates are removed from the calendar once we have already reached the maximum number of guests for that date. The Reservation Center and Member Services will NOT be able to reserve tickets for that date.
- Policies are subject to change, and all guests must abide by the park rules in effect on the date of visit. When changes happen, we make every effort to align our website and park signage with updates. Always check before you arrive for the most up-to-date information.
- Please check FAQs for further information – View FAQs.
What to Expect During Your Visit
- WHEN YOU ARRIVE - use the interactive map and mobile site (BronxZoo.com/today) to see that day’s available exhibits and amenities.
- May 19, 20, 21: Zoo Shuttle will not be running due to road closures along the route.
- WEATHER ALERT: On days with high wind advisory conditions and/or temperatures below 35 degrees, some outdoor exhibits and amenities may be unavailable. This can include animals such as tigers and snow leopards not being on view. Thank you for your understanding.
- ANIMAL EXHIBITS CLOSE 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO PARK CLOSURE. Exhibit lines may close earlier if there is a wait time of 30 minutes or more.
- FOOD AND SHOPPING are available. Visit our newly renovated Dancing Crane Café (menu), and the Bronx Zoo Store – both located at Dancing Crane Plaza and open daily year-round. Seasonal walk-up food service and gift shop locations are also available around the park, weather permitting.
- RESPECT LOCAL WILDLIFE AND ROAMING PEACOCKS. The Bronx Zoo is a haven for local wildlife, including squirrels, chipmunks, raccoons, bats, birds and other species. We also care for peacocks who roam freely throughout our grounds. Do not feed, touch or chase any animals. Please treat them kindly. Enjoy and respect them from a safe distance.
- ADULT SUPERVISION REQUIRED. All guests age 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+).
- STROLLER PARKING IS REQUIRED for many indoor exhibits. Be prepared to park your stroller and take your belongings with you. Stroller and contents are left at your own risk. Exhibits and attractions with year-round stroller restrictions include: JungleWorld, Congo Gorilla Forest, Madagascar!, World of Reptiles, Mouse House, Bug Carousel and Nature Trek. Also seasonal exhibits: Butterfly Garden and Monorail.
- BOTTLE FILLING STATION AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND AT DANCING CRANE CAFÉ. Due to freezing temperatures, outdoor water lines for fountains and bottle filling stations elsewhere in the park are closed November through April.
- EXPECT SOME CHANGES. We are committed to providing safe and healthy experiences for our community. Changes to exhibits and park operations will happen. We will provide advance notice when possible, but adjustments may also be due to unforeseen conditions. THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING IF SOME EXHIBITS/ANIMALS ARE NOT AVAILABLE ON THE DAY YOU CHOOSE TO VISIT.
Parking at the Bronx Zoo can fill to capacity on peak attendance days. Peak attendance most often occurs on holidays, during school breaks, and weekends with good weather forecasts. Please allow extra time for potential parking delays on these days.
Whenever possible, we recommend alternate modes of travel, such as car service or mass transit: BxM11, Metro North, 2 or 5 subway to West Farms Square/E Tremont or E180 Street or Pelham Parkway Station; local MTA Bus Routes.
We have two main parking lots, one at Southern Boulevard and the other off the Bronx River Parkway. If our parking lots are filled to capacity, there can sometimes be alternative locations to look at, such as Fordham University (lot availability is at the discretion of the college). Please note, Member parking benefits do not apply offsite.
Review parking directions and information for directions to our parking lots and be familiar with possible alternative parking in the area so you are prepared in case of lot closure.
Masks are recommended for your visit. Guests and staff may continue to wear masks for a variety of reasons, so please be kind and considerate of others.
For the health and safety of our animals, some Wild Encounters and other programs may still require masks.
For everyone’s health and safety, we are implementing contactless arrival procedures. We need your help to make it work! Here’s what you do:
- Step 1: Reserve your tickets in advance - then print OR be ready to use on your mobile device
- Step 2: Have ticket barcode ready as you arrive for self-scanning (WCS Members – have your valid Member card and ID to show too)
- Step 3: Scan all your tickets and enter!
Health And Safety Is A Priority!
We are managing capacity for our guest experience, but still expect some lines or gathering at animal viewing areas. Please respect social distancing and related guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer available at all entrances and throughout the park near food/retail and exhibit areas.
- Review all visitor behavior and activity policies: View rules
- We are managing capacity for our guest experience, but still expect some lines or gathering at animal viewing areas. Note – exhibit lines may close earlier if there is a wait time of 30 minutes or more.
COVID-19 Warning An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By visiting WCS’s facilities, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
This applies to all visitors – one-day ticket holders and WCS members. New dated/time entry tickets are valid for a single visit. Reentry is not permitted.
Be A Responsible Guest & Protect Yourself And Others
We encourage all guests to continue to participate in proper healthy behaviors when visiting. Please remember:
- If you are sick, or have possible symptoms, please stay home and take time to recover.
- Wash your hands often. Restrooms for washing with soap and water are available across the park, and we’ve added hand sanitizer stations near exhibits and other gathering areas.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
- Do not touch your face with unwashed hands.
Do Not Bring Scooters
For everyone’s safety, child scooters are never permitted. See our complete list of rules.
Please be aware
Guest Conduct Policy: We expect all guests to behave in a family-friendly manner. WCS staff, guests, and the animals in our care deserve an environment free from abusive or inappropriate behavior.
We reserve the right to refuse admission to, escort from park grounds, and/or revoke without a refund the Membership of, any individual or group who endangers our animals, staff, vendors, guests, or any WCS property; or who engages in verbal or physical harassment, discriminatory or threatening behavior, or otherwise interferes with the safety or enjoyment of the park by others.
This Guest Conduct Policy also applies to written and verbal correspondence. WCS reserves the right to terminate communication with any individual who engages in verbal harassment, profanity, discriminatory or threatening behavior, whether by phone, email or other means of communication.